While there are plenty of amazing facial treatments available today, the hydro-exfoliating treatment (also known as hydradermabrasion) is one of the best facial treatments that’s appropriate for all skin types. It is an extremely thorough facial that uses a special “hydroexfoliating machine” to perform three specific actions. First, it exfoliates and cleanses. It also infuses the skin with a nourishing serum. And, unlike microdermabrasion, hydradermabrasion is gentle on the skin. This means that it is safe for sensitive skin and doesn’t require as much “down time” as other facial treatments. Finally, this is an astoundingly effective treatment for a wide variety of skin conditions, ranging from acne to hyperpigmentation.
Hydradermabrasion/Hydro-Exfoliating Facial Treatment: Overview
- Hydro-exfoliating Treatment 101: The Basics
- 12 Ways Hydradermabrasion Makes Your Skin Healthier
- Hydrodermabrasion vs Microdermabrasion
- Where to Get a Hydro-Exfoliating Treatment Near You
Hydroexfoliating Facial Treatments 101: The Basics
This is truly the perfect facial from beginning to end! It uses a series of simple but highly effective steps to rejuvenate the skin. You should only get a hydradermabrasion facial from a licensed esthetician, who will use a special hydro-exfoliating machine. The machine works by suctioning out all the contaminants from within your pores while at the same time injecting powerful skincare ingredients.
In order to understand the process more in-depth, let’s take a closer look at each of the three steps.
It’s incredibly important to exfoliate your skin as part of your routine skincare regimen. Exfoliation simply means the process of removing dead and/or dry skin cells from the outermost surface of your skin. The hydro-exfoliation facial treatment takes exfoliation to the next level.
The benefits of exfoliation from a hydro-exfoliating facial treatment include:
- Enhanced circulation, which promotes the growth of new skin cells and helps the lymphatic system remove toxins from the body
- Nourishes dry or dehydrated skin
- Fades hyperpigmention and dark spots
- Helps blemishes disappear more quickly, soothing acne-induced redness
- Prevents further acne and reduces the likelihood of future breakouts
- Encourages a brighter, younger, more glowing complexion
After exfoliating, the next step in a hydradermabrasian facial is to extract impurities from deep within the pores. This can include any sort of unwanted debris, and it can even suck blackheads right out from clogged pores! The wonderful thing about this treatment is that the extraction process won’t irritate your skin. This is because the machine immediately hydrates the skin with potent moisturizing ingredients. In other words, the nourishment provided doesn’t leave room for the skin to dry out or become inflamed.
Once your skincare specialist has used the hydradermabrasion machine to exfoliate and extract unwanted substances from the pores, it injects a specially formulated serum right back into the innermost layer of your skin. The serum is loaded with vital vitamins, peptides, and additional natural extracts. These soothe and revitalize your skin, and they also help stimulate the skin to produce more collagen.
FAQs Surrounding Hydrodermabrasion Facials
Inevitably, questions arise when it comes to the idea of a machine using jet pressure to rejuvenate the skin! In the following section, you’ll find the most commonly asked questions regarding hydro-exfoliation facial treatments.
How long will the Hydro-Exfoliating Facial Treatment effects last?
In general, the results will stick around for about a week after the first treatment. It is still important to follow through with your initial round of treatments and any “maintenance” treatments after the first series. This is because the positive effects build on each other round after round.
How often should I get a Hydrodermabrasion Facial Treatment?
Initially, you should get a treatment every one to two weeks. After that, you may benefit from monthly “maintenance” sessions.
How can I get the most out of my Hydro-Exfoliating Facial Treatment?
First and foremost, follow your esthetician’s recommendations for a healthy skin care regimen. Using the best serums, cleansers, creams, and toners will really intensify the effects of the hydradermabrasion. Additionally, you can pair this particular treatment with an advanced type of facial, such as:
Benefits of a Hydro-Exfoliating Facial Treatment
As you can see, hydradermabrasion is quite an all-inclusive treatment, and it really checks off every “skin care to do” point right on the dot. In other words, this single facial performs an array of actions: it exfoliates, cleanses moisturizes, hydrates, revitalizes, and nourishes.
Here are some of the very real benefits of a hydro-exfoliating facial treatment:
- Helpful for diminishing acne and scarring in both adults and teenagers.
- Effective treatment for hyperpigmentation or dark spots on skin.
- Unlike other types of treatments, hydradermabrasion is safe, even for sensitive skin types.
- Depending on where you go, your esthetician will be able to create a custom cocktail of the most effective serum for your skin type. (Spela Skincare & Waxing in Lake Forest, California uses a machine with the ability to customize multiple factors, including jet pressure.)
- Virtually no downtime; this treatment won’t leave your skin red or overly sensitive.
- Helps reduce the signs of aging, like wrinkles and fine lines, since it helps increase collagen production.
- Treats other types of skin problems, like scarring, blackheads, and “bags” under the eyes.
- Works well as a stand-alone treatment or in conjunction with other modalities.
- In contrast to more intense facials, hydro-exfoliating treatments aren’t painful and actually feel quite good!
- Improves the overall appearance of your skin, giving you the healthy, beautiful, glowing skin you deserve.
- You’ll be able to notice results immediately after a hydro-exfoliating treatment. Typically, clients first notice that their skin seems to glow!
- Evens your skin tone and texture .
Hydrodermabrasion vs Microdermabrasion
Before considering their differences, let’s look at the similarities of hydro-exfoliating facials vs microdermabrasion facials. In essence, their functions are the same: to enhance collagen production, refine overall complexion, and exfoliate skin.
Since we’ve already covered hydradermabrasion in detail, let’s go over a quick definition of microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion is a quick, safe, effective form of exfoliation for most skin types and colors with no downtime and little pain or discomfort. It uses a real diamond-tipped applicator or traditional crystals with a slight suction to remove dead or damaged skin cells. Skin will appear softer, smoother, brighter, clearer, fresher and younger looking.Spela Hernandez, Licensed Esthetician and Healthy Skin Advocate
Now, even though their functions are similar, there are quite a few differences in the Hydradermabrasion vs Microdermabrasion comparison.
- Instead of the hard crystals used in a microdermabrasion facial, hydro-exfoliating treatments use a machine to rapidly infuse skin cells with water and oxygen. For individuals with skin that is too sensitive for a microdermabrasion treatment, hydradermabrasion is an excellent alternative.
- Unlike the mild discomfort associated with microdermabrasion, hydradermabrasion is painless and actually feels good!
- Although hydro-exfoliating treatments are suitable for all skin types, microdermabrasion may worsen certain skin problems.
- Since hydradermabrasion avoids the use of hard crystals and also deeply moisturizes the skin, it doesn’t leave skin dry and red after treatment. (Whereas clients can expect about a 24-hour period of red skin after a microdermabrasion treatment.)
Where to Get a Hydro-Exfoliating Treatmeant Near You
in Southern California
There are multiple advantages to getting your hydradermabrasion facial at the Spela Skincare and Waxing studio in Lake Forest, California. First, you’ll be receiving care from Spela Hernandez, one of the most highly sought after licensed esthetician in Southern California. Secondly, the type of machine she uses allows her to adjust the pressure of the vacuum, depending on your unique needs. She also has the freedom to create custom-made serums that are targeted specifically for each individual client’s skin care needs. This is much better than a “one-size-fits-all” approach used by some facialists.
Ready to schedule your appointment? Call (949) 500 – 7785 to make an appointment today! Alternatively, you can book online.
Thank you for visiting the Spela Skin Care Blog! Do you have any additional questions or comments? If so, please feel welcome to leave a note in the comment section below!