How to Get Rid of Dry Skin Fast:
Manuka Infused Lipid Cream by Spalina, Inc.
Using Manuka honey for skin care is another trendy topic in the world of advanced skin care! Currently, almost all professional skin care lines use it in at least one of their products.
Humans have been using Manuka honey for both food and medicine since the dawn of time. In fact, researchers believe that people used Manuka honey during the Stone Age.
For many years, the Western culture dismissed Manuka honey as a “folklore remedy.” But now, due to scientific evidence, it’s one of the most coveted ingredient in natural skin care products! If you’re interested in this deeply holistic ingredient, keep scrolling! You’ll learn how to choose the right kind of Manuka honey face cream that truly rejuvenates the skin.
Manuka Honey for Skin Care: Overview
- 5 Benefits of Using Manuka Honey in Skin Care
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin Fast with Manuka Infused Lipid Cream
- Holistic Skin Care History: Where does the best Manuka Honey Come from?
5 Ways Using Manuka-Infused Lipid Cream by Spalina Will Completely Transform Your Complexion
Manuka honey has a distinct set of antibacterial properties that makes it stand out from conventional honey. It’s also rich in antioxidants and wields antiviral and anti-inflammatory powers. According to the Central Asian Journal of Global Health, the scientific community now regards Manuka honey as a clinically valid treatment for dermatological problems. In the list below, you’ll find descriptions of the five best Manuka honey skin care benefits.
1. Manuka Honey Skin Care Helps Repair a Damaged Skin Barrier
The term “skin barrier” simply refers to the outermost layer of your skin. It is also referred to as your “epidermis” or “moisture barrier.” There are two primary functions of your skin barrier:
- To retain moisture for a hydrated, dewy complexion
- To protect your skin from damaging elements, like acne-causing bacteria
Depending on your lifestyle, various factors can contribute to skin barrier damage. Common causes include improper skin care techniques and abrasive skin care products. If your complexion is blemished, tired-looking, dry or dehydrated it could be due to a damaged skin barrier. But I have good news! This is a very treatable skin condition.
2. Raw Honey Treats Eczema
Again, another study states that professional skin care clinicians are moving closer and closer toward holistic methods. This is because they actually work! In this particular study, scientists concluded that Manuka honey EFFECTIVELY treated a case of severe eczema.
A similar 2017 study studied 14 adults with eczema. The study participants applied Manuka honey to their face every day, for seven days in a row. At the end of the experiment, participants who followed the Manuka skin care regimen had significantly reduced signs of eczema.
Still skeptical? Check out these additional studies exploring the benefits of Manuka honey face cream for eczema:
- A review published in the Journal of Food and Agricultural Immunology concluded that Manuka honey has healing effects on eczema, acne, and various skin wounds.
- Medical News Today confirms these findings, stating that Manuka honey lotion can accelerate recovery from eczema while simultaneously moisturizing the skin.
3. Manuka Honey for Acne and Acne Scars
Manuka honey supports a strong immune system and helps kill bacteria. A healthy immune system is essential for healing almost any kind of illness or condition. Acne is no exception! Therefore, skin care products with Manuka honey may help reduce acne.
Currently, there isn’t enough evidence to say definitively that Manuka honey treats acne scars. However, the mainstream medical community is still just beginning to embrace holistic skin care. We need more studies that specifically study the relationship between Manuka honey and acne scars.
For the time being, I find hope in the following studies that show a positive relationship between Manuka honey and healing of the skin tissue:
- According to Frontiers in Microbiology, people have been using Manuka honey to treat a broad range of skin disease for thousands of years. These include boils, burns, and sores. Although acne isn’t mentioned specifically, I have a hunch that future studies focusing directly on acne scars and therapeutic honey will find a positive connection.
- Another review reports that people suffering from various types of skin wounds experience enhanced healing after using Manuka honey. Again, this study points to the ancient honey’s antibacterial properties. And so, despite the lack of research about Manuka honey and acne scars specifically, it is encouraging news for the treatment of both acne and acne scars.
4. Manuka Honey for Psoriasis
An estimated 7.2 million adults in the U.S. suffer from psoriasis. Living with psoriasis isn’t easy. In fact, it may effect emotional health and personal relationships. This autoimmune skin condition is chronic, and it involves excess skin cell growth. These excess cells often become irritated and red, causing scale-like patches on the skin. They typically appear on the elbows, face, neck, and scalp.
Once again, experienced dermatologists suggest that Manuka honey has the ability to ease unwanted skin conditions. The evidence isn’t quite as strong for psoriasis treatment as it is for acne and eczema. However, the proven anti-inflammatory effects make it a viable option for psoriasis treatment. Dr. Marie Jhin of San Francisco, California and Dr. Lindsey Bordone of Columbia University both agree that patients may find relief from this holistic treatment option.
5. Manuka Honey for Dry and Dehydrated Skin
Manuka is a humectant. This means that it helps your skin retain moisture and alleviates dry skin. The natural antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals in Manuka honey promote a healthy, hydrated complexion. Your skin needs a steady “diet” of nutrients. You should “feed” your skin with both nutrient-rich skin care products and by eating foods that promote healthy skin. (Check out “Do Good Foods for Your Skin Actually Help?”)
Furthermore, the amino acids and peptides repair damaged skin barriers. This helps restore dry skin to a healthy, moisturized state.
The Unique Manuka Factor
There are several properties of Manuka honey that help alleviate common skin conditions. In the following list, I’ll explain the benefits of each of these properties in more detail:
- Specifically, the main active ingredient in Manuka honey face cream is methylglyoxal (MG). MG has strong antibacterial properties. Although other kinds of honey contain MG, Manuka honey possesses it in a much more potent form. Since MG is so crucial to the outcome of honey treatment, there is a universal rating system for honey based on how much MG it contains. This is called the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF). In order to be powerful enough to effectively heal skin conditions, honey must have a rating of at least 10 UMF.
- Manuka honey also contains hydrogen peroxide. This may kill bacteria associated with blemishes.
- Furthermore, Manuka honey has a low pH. Abnormal skin pH levels may contribute to acne, so balancing it naturally is a powerful way to treat the root cause of acne and prevent flare-ups.
- Another beneficial ingredient in Manuka honey is its amino acids. Amino acid skin care products help fight wrinkles and acne. They also moisturize dry skin, prevent free radical damage, and help tighten the skin.
- There are three phenolic compounds in Manuka honey that act like antioxidants. These include polyphenols, flavonoids, and phenolic acids. Antioxidants tighten and lift the skin, reduce wrinkles and fine lines, help repair dry skin, and help prevent free radical damage.
Where it All Began: Origins of Manuka Honey & Skin Care
For centuries, honey has been recognized within certain circles of the medical community. According to my research, humans from all over the globe used honey as a traditional form of skin care. This includes the ancient Greeks, Māori, Egyptians, and Chinese populations. Until recently, there wasn’t much scientific evidence to support its healing properties. Many dermatologists called Manuka honey a “hokey” or “alternative” treatment.
Manuka honey is the most consistent type of honey appearing in scientific literature. And over and over again, the results are the same: Manuka honey is an incredibly effective treatment for rejuvenating damaged skin.
Bees produce Manuka honey from the nectar of the mānuka tree, which is a native bush to New Zealand and Australia. The scientific term for this tree is Leptospermum scoparium.
Get Rid of Dry Skin Fast with Manuka Infused Lipid Cream by Spalina
Shopping for skin care products can be tough, especially with all of the cheap products on the market today. I highly recommend Spalina, an emerging natural skin care line. Each product is designed by Spela Hernandez, a reputable holistic skin care practitioner based in Lake Forest, California. She is a healthy skin advocate and believes in treatments that heal and fortify the skin naturally, leading to long-term results.
Her Manuka Infused Lipid Cream is a highly effective daily moisturizer, fortified with properties from Manuka honey. It helps your skin retain moisture and soothes rough or inflamed, red skin. When you use it daily, it will help reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Spela has carefully crafted this Manuka honey face cream with a combination of holistic skin care ingredients.
Manuka Face Cream with Phospholipids & Hyaluronic Acid:
- Special fatty acids called sphingolipids nourish and repair the skin barrier
- Hyaluronic acid helps your skin retain moisture
- Phospholipds contain linoleic acid, a substance that stabilizes your moisture barrier and reduces wrinkles and fine lines
The organic Manuka honey, alongside the ingredients listed above promote collagen growth, combat oily skin, and help prevent visible signs of aging.
This Manuka cream is appropriate for all skin types, especially dry or inflamed skin.
People who liked this skin care blog post also enjoyed:
- What No One Tells You About Micro Needling: Does Collagen Induction Therapy Work?
- Why Coolifting Facials Are Important and How You Can Completely Transform Your Complexion