Wondering how to get rid of pimples fast? In this post, we’ll cover everything you need to know about curing blemished skin. This includes basic background information on several different types of acne, essential facial treatments, and the best skin care products for getting rid of acne. You’ll also find the easiest methods for decreasing acne-related scarring and redness.
How to Get Clear Skin Fast: Overview
- Blemished Skin 101
Understanding the Different Types of Acne
What’s Inside of a Pimple?
Causes of Adult Acne/What Causes Cystic Acne?
- 5 Insider Tips to Get Rid of Acne ASAP
- How to Treat Acne Scars
- How to Get Rid of Pimple Redness
- Your Guide to the Best Products for Pimples, Blackheads, and Scars
Blemished Skin 101
Acne occurs when your skin cells become clogged. There are multiple causes of build-up, such as:
- Uncontrolled sebum production (Your body naturally produces sebum, which is an oily substance that actually benefits you in small amounts. For example, it helps moisturize your skin. It also regulated skin health by maintaining elasticity, keeping your skin’s protective barrier intact, and keeping fungal and bacterial infections at bay. Too much sebum, however, is a recipe for out-of-control breakouts!)
- Ingrown hairs
- Hormonal fluctuations (This is typically caused by puberty, the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and even stress. Your hormones also change as you age, and it is common to experience new breakouts in your late twenties or early thirties.)
- Dead skin cells
What are the different types of acne?
Not all acne is created equal, and clogged pores manifest into several different types of acne. Here are a few common types:
- Cystic acne
- Whiteheads (comedones)
- Pimples (Inflamed, red bumps that frequently have an accompanying whitehead. They’re also called pustules)
- Papules (Painful, hard red bumps)
What causes adult acne?
It’s not unusual to wonder why you’re suddenly experiencing acne. If you’re a teenager, then you can take this as a sign that you are very, very normal! Your glands naturally produce more sebum at this age.
But what about adult acne? This is also normal and very treatable!
The 9 Main Causes of Adult Acne
- Ineffective skin care products
- Certain medications
- Aggressive hair removal, which may cause ingrown hairs
- Unhealthy diet
- Certain cosmetics
- Hormonal changes
- Jobs that expose you to oils, such as metalworking oils
- Poor skin hygiene, like skipping your morning or bedtime cleanse
What’s inside of a pimple?
Curious about what’s going on inside of your pimples? The answer depends on the types of acne you’re experiencing.
Both whiteheads and blackheads are filled with the same substances. These are usually filled with a combination of dead skin cells, sebum, and bacteria. Oxygen plays a role in whether they appear black or white.
Pustules and papules occur when the sides of a clogged pore burst. When this happens, your body uses white blood cells to fight the inflammation. In these cases, the pus or drainage is a collection of the white blood cells and the material that clogged your pores in the first place.
What causes cystic acne?
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, cystic acne and nodules are the most serious forms of acne. Whereas cystic acne is filled with pus, nodules do not. These are the reddest, biggest, and most inflamed blemishes.
5 Answers to the Most Common Acne-Related Question
Clients often ask Spela how to get rid of acne quickly. Is it possible to get rid of acne in a day? How about overnight? While you might not be able to extinguish a blemish completely in such a short amount of time, you can minimize its visibility.
- Remember that your body is doing everything it can to clear up your blemished skin. You can help this process along by drinking plenty of water and eating foods from “the best skin foods list.”
- For pustular blemishes, use a holistic acne serum with plenty of antioxidants. Do not over-wash! This can aggravate dry or dehydrated skin and disrupt your skin’s natural oil production. I know it’s hard, but it’s best to wait 1-2 days. This is important because it gives the infection time to make its way to the surface of the pimple in the form of a whitehead. At this time, you can gently squeeze the white tip with tissue. (Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands before doing so!)
- Cystic acne is never going to rise to the surface of the skin. In this case, avoid squeezing altogether!
- I know it’s tempting to pick at the blemish, but that will only make it worse. This is the leading cause of scabbing, scarring, and excessively dry skin. It also increases your risk for infection.
- Once the blemish has cleared, use sunscreen to help the scar fade quickly.
How to Treat Acne Scarring
For best results, use a combination of professional facial treatments and professional skin care products to get rid of acne scars fast. Collagen Induction Therapy, also called Micro Needling, is especially helpful for healing acne scars. When selecting skin care products, you need to curate a home collection that includes nutrient-rich serums, stem cell skin care, effective facial cleansers, hydrating toners, and restorative creams.
1. Invest in Micro Needling/Collagen Induction Therapy:
- For serious acne scars, Collagen Induction Therapy (aka Micro Needling) is the best professional treatment option. This is effective for various types of acne scars.
Learn More About Micro Needling Facial Treatments Here
2. Use the Best Products for Acne Scar Removal
In order to make those stubborn acne scars disappear quickly, you should invest in professional (and holistic) skin care serums, facial cleansers, and epidermal repair creams. You’ll have the most success when you use professional-grade, holistic products from 2019’s best professional skin care line: Spalina, Inc. The following are the five best products for acne scar removal:
1. Antioxidant Line Diffusing Serum by Spalina: This Vitamin A serum speeds up cellular turnover, which helps acne scars fade more quickly.
2. Stem Cell Infusion Serum by Spalina: This state-of-the-art stem cell serum promotes total skin rejuvenation.
3. The Best Facial Cleanser for Acne Scars: Another important component is using a daily facial cleanser with ingredients that provide proven results. I recommend the Biotic Mangosteen Cleanse.
4. Lipid Refresh Hydrating Toner: This is truly the best toner for acne scars. It contains vital components that are naturally present in healthy skin, including fatty acids, witch hazel, and amino acids.
How to Get Rid of Acne Redness & Post Inflammatory Dark Spots
In addition to scarring, acne redness is another skin health problem that needs addressing. As if acne scars and painful pimples themselves aren’t enough to deal with already! Post inflammatory pigmentation appears red on fair skin and shows up as dark spots on people with more melanin. Although it can be frustrating, the good news is that the redness and dark spots caused by acne is very treatable.
How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast: Three Essential Facial Treatments for Reducing Redness
Typically, acne redness is due to inflammation. The best professional facial treatments to reduce inflammation are LED Light Therapy, Microcurrent, and Oxygen Infusion.
LED light therapy is a pain-free, non-invasive, soothing and rejuvenating skin treatment. This treatment will help treat acne breakouts, post inflammatory scarring and rosacea. It’s the perfect way to gently heal redness and inflammation.
You can use it as stand-alone treatment a few times a week. Since it only takes 20 minutes, it’s perfect for hectic schedules! You can also pair it with Microneedling, Micro Current, and Oxygen Infusion facials to maximize results.
Microcurrent technology is a low-level electrical current that mimics the body’s own biological current. Despite its low electrical vibration, micro current treatments are very effective treatments for acne redness and scarring. They increase protein synthesis, promote waste removal, stimulate healing, regenerate tissue, balance free radical damage, boost cell growth, enhance natural collagen and elastin production, provide circulatory benefits, and work directly on your skin’s nerves and muscle fibers.
Since Micro Current facials use a mild frequency that does not stimulate sensory nerves, this is a PAIN-FREE treatment option!
Oxygen Infusion Facial Treatment
Another type of facial treatment that helps get rid of acne redness is called Oxygen Infusion. The infusion of oxygen and vitamins into the skin encourages the production of collagen, which helps plump up facial features and restore volume and firmness to skin that has lost elasticity. It’s also very healing and anti-inflammatory.
How to Get Rid of Acne Red Marks:
The 5 Best Skin Care Products to Reduce Inflammation
Many clients wonder how to get rid of pimples that are red. Spela recommends a skin care regimen that includes a stem cell serum, UV protection, probiotic skin cream, hydrating toner, and the best probiotic cleanser.
- Stem Cell Infusion Serum
- Weightless Probiotic Defense Cream
- Lipid Refresh Hydrating Toner
- Biotic Mangosteen Cleanse
- Prevention Daily Matte Moisturizer with SPF 32 (SPF protection allows your skin to heal more quickly. It also shields you from free radical damage, which helps prevents premature wrinkles and lines.)
Don’t Make This #1 Skin Care Mistake!
(How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast With These 7 Natural Skin Care Products)
One of the most common skin care mistakes is using sub-par skin products. Everyone wants to spend money wisely, and so it’s important to remember that investing in professional skin care products is the most responsible way to spend your hard-earned moola.
In a sense, buying cheap skin care products is like throwing away cash, for two main reasons:
- Many drugstore products don’t actually work.
- It’s also essential to realize that lots of these products contain harmful ingredients that will actually damage your skin over time.
In order to make sure you’re investing in the best professional skin care products, I suggest choosing products designed by licensed estheticians. And that’s precisely why Spela’s very own boutique skin care line is so trustworthy! She has a reputation for healthy skin advocacy, and she continuously seeks the most up-to-date holistic skin care education. In the list below, you’ll find an easy go-to guide for the best skin care products to remove acne scars and redness, vanquish acne, and prevent future breakouts.
- Benzoyl Peroxide Facial Cleanser for Acne
- Biotic Mangosteen Cleanser (best probiotic cleanser)
- Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment Gel
- Antioxidant Acne Serum (with mandelic acid for healthy, blemish-free skin)
- Hydrating Acne Moisturizer
- Lipid Refresh Hydrating Toner
- Specially Formulated Toner for Acne
How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast:
Using These Skin Care Tips to Your Advantage
As you can see, healthy skin involves a healthy balance of professional facial treatments and holistic skin care products. The next time you’re in Southern California, schedule an appointment at Spela Hernandez’s boutique skin care salon in Lake Forest. You can do this by calling 949-700-7785 or booking a facial online.
Don’t plan on being in California anytime soon? Not quite ready to commit to a series of facial treatments? You can still greatly reduce acne, redness, and scarring by using Spalina, Inc. skin care products in the comfort of your own home. Better yet, everything is available online, so all it takes are a few simple clicks.
In just a few days, you could find the best natural skin care products in the nation right on your doorstep!
People who read “How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast” also loved: