If you’re struggling to see results from your skin care regimen, you may have a damaged skin barrier. It’s also a possibility that your current skin care products aren’t strong enough to penetrate your skin’s protective barrier.
Both of these problems are annoying, but the good news is that you can easily solve them.
Skin barrier repair is very doable!
It’s just a matter of understanding what works and what doesn’t. In this article, you’ll find details about what you should be looking for when shopping for advanced dermatology skin care products, as well as helpful suggestions for what types of products work best for different types of skin conditions.
We’ll also take a closer look at the biological makeup of your skin so that you can design a skin care regimen that most effectively treats your unique skin type.
So, What Exactly is the “Skin Protective Barrier”?
Did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? That’s right – it’s so intricate that it is classified as an organ. In fact, it has seven different protective layers.
In many ways, it’s a good thing that your skin is so multilayered. This protects you from bacterial infections and toxins that could potentially seep through your skin and into your bloodstream.
There are three main layers to your skin:
1. Typically, the term “skin barrier” or “moisture barrier” refers to the part of the epidermis which is right on the surface of your skin – and therefore exposed to the most elements. The epidermis, or your “skin barrier” helps your skin retain moisture and keep damaging elements out.
It’s important to have a healthy skin barrier because of all the irritants your skin is exposed to on a daily basis; with all of the pollutants in our environment today, this protection is extremely necessary!
2. Underneath the epidermis is the dermis, which is responsible for producing enough healthy oils to lubricate your skin properly for a soft, supple complexion.
3. The innermost layer of your skin is the hypodermis, which is also called the subcutaneous tissue. It helps regulate body temperature, stores fat, and contains tissues that attach your skin to the surrounding muscles and bones in your body.
What Causes a Damaged Moisture Barrier?
Nobody wants an unhealthy skin barrier because it results in a dry, blemished, lackluster skin tone. This is because your skin isn’t getting the nutrients it needs.
Many popular skin care products promise “clearer, healthier skin,” but it’s often disappointing when they don’t work out. Therefore, it’s essential that the skin care products you use actually break through your skin’s barrier so that dead cells can be removed and the healthy growth of new cells can be nurtured.
In the next section, we’ll take a look at three of the most important ingredients to look for when shopping for skin care products. Never waste your money on worthless creams or serums again!
Three Essential Ingredients for Penetrating the Skin Barrier
Since your skin protective barrier is naturally strong, it can be tough to find the right advanced dermatology skin care products that truly burst through this shield and give you the results you’ve been looking for. The key to finding effective skin care products is to make sure they have the ingredients necessary to permeate this protective barrier.
1. Encapsulated Retinaldehyde
Encapsulated retinaldehyde is a lot like the popular ingredient Retinol, but it’s much gentler on the skin. When it’s encapsulated, retinaldehyde does a better job of deeply penetrating your skin’s protective barrier to its very core. Retinaldehyde effectively reverses aging and restores sun-damaged skin. It also increases collagen production, which leads to a firmer, healthier dermis and younger-looking skin for you!
Antioxidant Line Diffusing Serum
Spalina’s Antioxidant Line Diffusing Serum is a patent protected anti-aging serum that offers the most effective Retinoid bio-activity to the skin that’s available without a prescription. It brightens the skin while reducing the visibility of wrinkles and fine lines at the same time. The best part? It’s safe for all skin types.
2. Encapsulated Growth Factors
Encapsulated Growth Factors contain vital peptides and proteins found in your skin’s fibroblast cells. Growth Factor Enhanced Media are “messenger proteins” that circulate throughout the body. They attach to skin cell receptors and stimulate the growth of new collagen and elastin cells, encourage healthy new blood cells to form, speed up the growth of new epidermal cells, facilitate the healing of wounds, and help diminish wrinkles.
Spalina’s Stem Cell Infusion Serum
Use Spalina’s Stem Cell Infusion Serum to reverse signs of aging. Daily application will help your skin rapidly generate more collagen and elastin, which is vital for healthy-looking skin. This anti-aging serum features advanced exosome technology to maximize the delivery of over 600 growth factors and skin proteins. These proteins are derived from adult skin cells, so your body easily recognizes and absorbs them. The result? Fast, visible improvement in a variety of skin types.
Shop Healing Facial Serums Now
3. L-Ascorbic Acid
Because it is a type of Vitamin C, L-Ascorbic Acid is a powerful antioxidant with many healing properties. L-Ascorbic Acid promotes healthy cellular turnover and helps regenerate new skin cells. It helps your skin shed dead cells more quickly, which allows your new cells to receive the nourishment they so desperately need.
As your skin sheds dead cells and absorbs more of the nutrients found in advanced dermatology skin care products, it begins to have a brighter, healthier sheen.
Mineral C + DNA Repair Serum
Spalina, Inc. carries a very effective serum with L-Ascorbic Acid: the Mineral C + DNA Repair Serum. This is a serum that stimulates the skin barrier repair process. Using a patented formula, it activates the natural zinc finger remodeling process. Zinc fingers are groups of proteins in your skin that help repair and form healthy DNA, antioxidants, RNA, and proteins in your skin.
Shop Mineral C + DNA Repair Serum Now
This anti-aging serum features a special combination of minerals, amino acids, and Vitamin C. Together, these ingredients promote increased collagen and elastin production. They also improve your skin’s ability to protect itself from UV-rays, as well as its natural ability to heal wounds.
The Mineral C + DNA Repair Serum is a potent anti-aging serum for all skin types, but it’s especially beneficial for improving the following skin conditions: fine lines and wrinkles, broken capillaries, skin tags, hyperpigmentation, and scarring.
Skin Barrier Repair:
The Essential Guide to Keeping Your Skin Barrier Healthy
Now that we’ve covered three of the most important ingredients for treating your skin barrier, let’s take a look at the steps you should take in order to keep a healthy barrier intact.
1. Cleanse Daily
This one may seem obvious, but you might be surprised by how often people let this important part of their skincare regimen fall by the wayside. They either neglect to cleanse properly or use sub-par facial cleansers. But failure to cleanse properly prevents the ingredients in your other skin care products from reaching their full healing potential; the dirt, oil, and makeup residue buildup can block healing ingredients from being absorbed completely by your skin.
- The Alpha Vitality Cleanse gently cleans and exfoliates. Its blend of peppermint and spearmint oils have natural antibacterial properties, so they help prevent acne. These oils also revitalize, refresh, and energize your skin! This product is an excellent stepping stone to a full anti-aging regimen.
- Spalina’s Biotic Mangosteen Cleanse brings dull, wan complexions back to life as it purifies and exfoliates your skin. This clarifying probiotic cleanser is great for all skin types, but it’s especially powerful for treating hyperpigmentation and mildly congested skin.
- The Botanibright Cleanse is a brightening, moisturizing facial cleanser that addresses pigmentation, uneven tone and aging skin. The BotaniBright Cleanse is a key component of any skin lightening regimen, and as an added bonus, it’s useful for all upper body skin, including your neck, upper back, and shoulders.
2. Use an Advanced Skin Serum
Invest in high-quality serums to use as a part of your daily skincare routine. The Stem Cell Infusion Serum listed above is one of best anti-aging serums on the market today, as is the Mineral C + DNA Repair Serum!
If you struggle mainly with acne, consider checking out Spalina’s Antioxidant Acne Serum. For sensitive skin that cannot tolerate Vitamin A, I recommend the Multi Nutrient VitaFluid.
Shop Acne Fighting & Anti-Aging Skin Serums Now
Maintaining fully hydrated skin is a must for soft, healthy-looking skin! Your skin battles enough free radicals throughout each day, so treat it lovingly with advanced moisturizing formulas.
- Spalina’s Epidermal Conditioning Creme is a lightweight luxury cream that hydrates your skin with a mixture of moisturizing, anti-aging ingredients. Since it’s infused with hyaluronic acid, it has strong anti-aging and hydrating properties.
- The Weightless Probiotic Defense skin barrier cream is unscented and oil-free, and it works best on combination to oily skin types.
- Spalina’s Manuka Infused Lipid Creme is formulated with Manuka honey, which is the most powerful form of honey used in advanced dermatology skin care products today. This conditioning cream provides long-lasting hydration and soothes rough or reddened skin.
The best way to protect your skin’s natural barrier is to shield it from damage as much as possible. Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to avoid damage from sun exposure: wear hats, stay in the shade when the sun is at its peak, and use products with SPF.
You’ve Got Skin Barrier Repair Down…
Here’s What You Should Do Next
Yes, your skin protective barrier might seem like a double-edged sword because, on the one hand, it protects you from irritants in the air. However, it also makes it more difficult to get the nourishment you need from skin care products. But this doesn’t have to be a Catch-22. There are easy ways around this!
Invest in the most advanced dermatology skin care products with the right ingredients, and love the skin you are in! Spalina, Inc. is a line of holistic skin care products designed to fuse extremely effective, cutting-edge technology with ancient wisdom and wellness from within.